With the summer heat upon us, there is nothing more refreshing than an ice cold beverage to help quench your thirst. This zesty pomegranate ginger mocktail is just the ticket to rejuvenate your body on those hot summer days.
Pomegranates are are high in polyphenols, including flavonoids and tannins. These plant chemicals act as antioxidants and are known for their anti inflammatory and cardiovascular health properties. The ginger, with its own array of medicinal properties, adds just the right amount of zest to keep your taste buds popping.
Servings: 6 - 5oz. drinks
- 3 cups sparkling water (plain flavor)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger root (peeled)
- 1/2 pomegranate seeded for garnish
- Basil leaves or lime slices for garnish
Mix all ingredients in a pitcher. To make each beverage, pour liquid content in a shaker over ice.
Shake vigorously for 30 to 60 seconds.
Serve immediately. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, lime slice and/or basil leaves if desired.