These garlic mushrooms make for a quick and easy side dish. You can use a variety of cooking oils to meet your dietary needs, making this dish low-carb, keto, paleo, and gluten free. Bon Appétit.
- 2 tablespoons organic grass fed butter (you can substitute with ghee, coconut oil, or oil of choice)
- 5 oz. sliced shiitake mushrooms (or mushroom of choice)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet or dutch oven, melt butter over medium high heat.
When butter is melted, stir in mushrooms. Stirring occasionally, sauté mushrooms until tender.
Add in garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until garlic is fragrant, then turn off heat.
Adjust seasoning to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.