If you are anything like me, you enjoy a delicious and savory beef stroganoff. Not only is it easy to throw together, it's tasty comfort food as well. I’ll even let you in on my little secret, it’s fresh tarragon! You can serve the sauce over a variety of noodles, mashed potatoes, and even zoodles (spiralized vegetables made into noodles.) Add a tasty side salad and you have dinner ready for the family in less than 25 minutes. Plus it makes for great left overs.
- 1 organic sweet Walla Walla or yellow onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 pound organic grass fed ground (defrosted)
- 6-8 cloves of garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 15 ounces of organic condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 15 ounces of organic cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces organic mushrooms, rinsed and sliced (Portobello and/or shiitake are my favorites)
- 1/2- 3/4 cups tarragon (fresh, leaves pulled from stems)
- 8.8 ounces of organic egg noodles
- 2 organic beef bouillon cubes
- Parsley or cilantro for garnish
In a medium or large pan or dutch oven, brown the onion, garlic, and ground beef. Make sure no pink in the beef remains. Drain fat if desired. In a medium sauce pan, boil water for noodles.
Add in mushrooms to the beef mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in some of the tarragon leaves. Cook for 1 more minute.
Add beef bouillon, condensed cream of mushroom and cream of mushroom soup, and more fresh tarragon leaves. Start with less tarragon and work you way up to taste. In my personal opinion, the more tarragon the better! Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Boil the egg noodles separately according to package.
Remove sauce from heat. Drain egg noodles and combine with beef sauce. Serve warm. Garnish with parsley or cilantro.